Monday, June 13, 2011

Dangerous Chocolate Cake In a Cup

(to buy this Pride & Prejudice Mug click on picture)


Last weekend I had one of our teens staying with us and this young girl is a romantic. When I first found this out I told her I had a movie she HAD to watch - Pride and Prejudice. So she had come over for a sleepover and we watched Pride & Prejudice and I taught her how to make Chocolate Cake in a Cup - which needless to say she is a die-hard fan of both now and that's what she requests every time she comes over to my house! Since she was just here and we once again made the yummy desserts and watched our chick flick I thought I would share this quick simple recipe with you!


Oh and why is it called dangerous? Because you can make a chocolate cake in FIVE minutes!! That IS dangerous!



CHOCOLATE CAKE IN A CUP

1 large coffee mug (the bigger the better)
4 TBSP Cake Flour (plain, not self-rising)
4 TBSP Sugar
2 TBSP Cocoa
1 egg
3 TBSP Milk
3 TBSP Oil
Small Splash of Vanilla
3 TBSP Chocolate Chips (optional)


Add dry ingredients to mug, mix well with a fork. Add egg and mix thoroughly. Pour in milk, oil, & vanilla, mix well. Add chips, if using. Put mug in microwave and cook for three minutes on 1000 watts. Cake will rise over mug - do not be alarmed! Allow to cool a little, tip onto a plate if desired.


GLAZE (optional)


1/3 powdered sugar
1 1/2 TSP dry flavoring (such as cocoa powder, vanilla powder or lemonade mix - to match cake used)
1 1/2 TSP milk


Mix all ingredients and then pour over cake - EAT AND ENJOY!

0 comments: